Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baptism in the Bathtub

This post comes from my daughter Mylee who is 4 years old. I overheard this while she was playing with Barbie and Ariel dolls in the bathtub:

"I'm gonna baptize Barbie because she's 8 years old."

"Ariel, I baptize you for the Mormon for the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I hope you be good when you get baptized and Holy Ghost. The Book of Mormon is great for you to read.  I love the scriptures.  You should too. The pioneers and the missionaries. I love you so much. Amen."

"Okay! Holy Ghost time!"

Need I say more? Out of the mouth of babes...

1 comment:

Cheltz said...

Cute! My oldest has also always talked a lot about baptism, and although it's often funny, I'm mostly glad that she seems to understand, and is excited about it. I'm sure you feel the same :).